2012 survey shows uptrend for health and social work sector | Manila Bulletin | Latest Breaking News | News Philippines
Natural Disaster
Home  » News » National » 2012 survey shows uptrend for health and social work sector

2012 survey shows uptrend for health and social work sector

Preliminary results of the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) 2012 Census of Philippine Business and Industry (CPBI) shows an uptrend for health and social work sector.

Conducted last year, the survey’s initial release recorded 951 establishments engaged in the Human Health and Social Work Activities with total employment of 20 and over.

Hospital activities garnered more than two-thirds of the total number of establishments in the sector with 652 or 68.6 percent.

Medical and dental activities ranked second with 214 or 22.5 percent followed by other social work activities without accommodation with 34 or 3.6 percent.

Other human health activities recorded only four establishments 0.4 percent.

At the regional level, the National Capital Region (NCR) had the most number of establishments with 291 or 30.6 percent. CALABARZON and Central Luzon placed second and third with 149 or 15.7 percent and 88 or 9.3 percent, respectively.

Employment reached a total of 108,875. Of this total, 106,888 or 98.2 percent were paid employees while the remaining 1,987 or 1.8 percent were working owners and unpaid workers.

Hospital activities had the most number of employees with 94,564 or 86.9 percent followed by medical and dental industry with 8,785 or 8.1 percent. Other human health activities registered 100 employees or 0.1 percent.

The survey showed NCR as the top employer with a total employment of 39,705 or 36.5 percent followed by CALABARZON with 15,390 employees or 14.1 percent.

 

The last Census of Philippine Business and Industry was in 2006. As always, data collected provide information on the levels, structure, performance and trends of economic activities of the formal sector of the economy for the reference period. It will also serve as benchmark information in the measurement and comparison of national and regional economic growth.