Luzon Newsbits
PMA Welcomes 286 New Cadets
FORT DEL PILAR, Baguio City, Philippines – The leadership of the Philippine Military Academy (PMA) Saturday welcomed 286 fourth-class cadets as official members of the Cadet Corps, Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) to beef up the presence of sufficient young military leaders that will continue the academy’s legacy as the premier military school in Asia.
The fourth-class cadets will compromise the Sundalong Ipaglalaban ang Kalayaan ng Bayan sa Diwang Wagas (Siklab Diwa) Class of 2014. More than a dozen of the recognized fourth-class cadets are females while the rest are males.
Originally, there were 300 male and female individuals who were received by the academy during the reception rites last April 1, 2010 which was eventually followed by the traditional summer camp or “beast barracks” whereby they were transformed from civilian to military life. (Dexter A. See)
Central Luzon Police on Alert
CAMP OLIVAS, Pampanga – The Police Regional Office 3 (PRO3) under the supervision of Chief Supt. Alan La Madrib Purisima Sunday placed the entire region under close watch to ensure the safety of the people going to and from cemeteries visiting departed love ones during the observance of All Saints’ Day.
Purisima said that since October 30, all police units in the Central Luzon composed of at least 5,000 personnel were dispatched to set up motorists assistance centers along major thoroughfares and roads leading to cemeteries to assist motorists.
The PRO3 chief also directed his men to remain vigilant against lawless elements such as robbery break-in groups, carnappers, and other crime gangs that would take advantage of the situation.
Purisima said that PNP mobile patrol region wide are on tight watch to bus terminals, commercial centers, ports and other places of convergence will be monitored 24 hours to prevent bad element from carrying their trade during the observance of “Undas.”
He said the number of motorists going to different provinces in region to double this year compared to last year because of the three-day vacation starting on Saturday.
Purisima said possible choke points during onrush of motorists have been identified so that problems that may arise will be quickly addressed. (Franco G. Regala)
Bataan Kidnap Suspect Nabbed
MARIVELES, Bataan – A top police official said Sunday that a driver/bodyguard is facing abduction and serious illegal detention charges allegedly kidnapping three young girls who were later rescued by the joint police forces from Limay and this town. Supt. Romell Velasco, chief of police here, said that the abducted minors, all girls, are aged 14, 6 and 5.
“Magkakapatid tong tatlong biktima na allegedly ay ibinebenta ng suspek na si Enrico Nuyda at pinagtatrabaho rin daw niya tong mga bata habang nag-aantay ng buyer,” said Velasco.
The victims were rescued at Sitio Marsteel, barangay Alangan in Limay town, said Sr. Supt. Arnold D. Gunnacao, Bataan police director.
Velasco reported to Gunnacao that they are still verifying the reports they gathered from concerned citizens in the area if the suspect was selling the minors or not.
Prior to this, a Filipina-American citizen who was allegedly kidnapped more than six months ago was also rescued unharmed by the joint police personnel of Limay and Mariveles town in Sitio Marsteel, barangay Alangan, Limay town. (Mar T. Supnad)


Comments
eh pano naman po yung mga officials na pulis\sundalo o army na ng aabuso ng mga kababaihan gngamit nila yung pagiging officials nila para makuha ang babae at sinasamantala nila yun wala bang karampatan parusa sa mga ganun tao,,,,sa mga police na matitino pls lang ma pa army man kayo sundalo navy o police pakisubaybayan nyo ang mga kasamahan nyo ba ksi hindi nyo alam kasamahan nyo na pala yjng gumagawa ng kabalastugan.may kilala ako sa bataan sya na assign official sya makamundo ginagawa nya kawawa yung mga baabe
Please login or register to post comments.