Luzon Newsbits
66% of gov't vehicles are smoke-belchers
BAGUIO CITY, Philippines — The City Environment and Parks Management Office (CEPMO) here revealed that 66 percent of government vehicles owned by national government agencies and local governments grossly violate the Clean Air Act.
Based on a report submitted to Mayor Mauricio G. Domogan, the CEPMO confirmed that 47 out of the 71 diesel-fed vehicles registered under the name of national government agencies and local governments which were flagged down by the city’s Roadside Inspection, Testing and Monitoring Team (RITMT) failed the tests after the smoke they emitted were way above standards.
Worse, the RITMT added all gasoline-fed government vehicles also failed the smoke emission test pursuant to the provisions of Ordinance No. 61, series of 2008 or the city’s version of the Celan Air Act.
Because of the poor outcome of the test results on government-owned vehicles, the city’s inspection team recommended the conduct of strict maintenance of the vehicles, citing that line agencies and local governments should serve as examples to motorists in the relentless effort to clean the city’s air. (Dexter A. See)
WANTED MEN, BEWARE THIS CHRISTMAS
LINGAYEN, Pangasinan, Philippines — The Special Operations Group (SOG) of the Police Provincial Office (PPO) has intensified its campaign against most wanted persons and other criminals this Christmas season.
SOG operatives are currently on the lookout for long-wanted criminals and fugitives who may be sighted going home to their families or visiting their loved ones and friends this Yuletide season.
One such fugitive is Cesar P. Banaag, married, and a resident of Poblacion in Aguilar town, who was arrested by an SOG team led by Superintendent Wilson Joseph when the suspect visited his family.
Banaag is wanted for alleged involvement in illegal drug trafficking, gun-running and gun-for-hire activities, said Joseph. (Liezle Basa Iñigo)
RIZAL P.P.O. UNDERGOES RESHUFFLE
RIZAL PROVINCE, Philippines — A reshuffle of police officials of the Rizal Police Provincial Office (PPO) is ongoing with the recent switching of positions of several key offices and municipal police stations here.
Effective Tuesday, Senior Superintendent Manuel Prieto, Rizal PPO director, designated Superintendent Nereo Torrecampo as the PPO Deputy Director for Operations.
Torrecampo, who had been the chief-of-police of the Cainta Municipal Police Station for more than two years prior to his new assignment, has switched positions with Supt. Emmanuel Bautista.
It was learned that Cainta Mayor Ramon Ilagan had been requesting that Torrecampo be maintained in the municipality.
However, the chance for career advancement of the overstaying chief of police was given weight by Prieto in his decision.
PPO’s spokesperson, Senior Inspector Maria Luisa Pedroza told Manila Bulletin that the revamp started a few days earlier with the assumption of Supt.
Carlito Briones, earstwhile Taytay chief-of-police, as the new chief of San Mateo Police Station. Chief Inspector Arthur Masungsong took over as the new chief of the Taytay Police Station.
Also included in the revamp was the recent assumption of Chief Inspector Ronaldo Lumactod Jr. as the chief of the Operations Branch of the PPO. A few weeks earlier, Sr. Supt. Prieto has approved the sacking of the two deputy chiefs of police of Antipolo, Chief Inspectors Roman Desumala and Frederick Señal. (Nel B. Andrade)


Comments
Please login or register to post comments.