Luzon Newsbits
Central Luzon road network
IBA, Zambales, Philippines — Provincial District Engineer Hercules Manglicmot disclosed yesterday that at least a P7-billion budget is needed to complete the road network link from Zambales to Tarlac, Pampanga and Nueva Ecija.
Manglicmot said that the roads projects also entails the construction of 20 bridges with a total length of 2.5 kilometers.
Some 195 million has been released and used for the leveling of the 6 kilometer gravel road and the completion of an 8 kilometer concrete road. To be opened for construction is the remaining 38 kilometer portion of the road network. (Franco G. Regala)
Pampanga quarry collections
SAN FERNANDO CITY — Pampanga governor Lilia G. Pineda on Thursday divulged that the quarry collections in the province still increased for the first two months of this year and has registered to an average of P20 million per month compared to the last December’s P16 million the tax collection.
A report to her by Art Punzalan, chief of Provincial Environment and Natural Resources Office (Penro) said the collection of sand and gravel fees showed the province collected P20,280,000 in January and P20,325,000 in February. (Franco G. Regala)
Luzon quakes anew
SINAIT, Ilocos Sur — A pre- dawn quake with magnitude 5.1 hit Southern Luzon areas Friday following the last Thursday’s pre - dawn tremor with magnitude-5.2 that rocked Ilocos areas but no reported damage however, aftershocks will be expected, according to the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) satellite office based here.
Local Phivolcs Researcher Julius Galdiano told Friday that the latest quake as of press time with magnitude 5.1 occurred at 3:06 a.m. with its epicenter traced at 15 kilometers southeast of Looc in Lubang Island with a depth of 101 kilometers.
Galdiano said the quake, which was tectonic in origin, was felt at intensity 2 in Batangas City. (Freddie G. Lazaro)
Limay health services
LIMAY, Bataan — In his bid to bring the government closer to the public, Mayor Ver Roque revealed yesterday that his administration has started rendering medical services to every barangay of this town.
Mayor Roque said that he started the medical services to the members of the Senior Citizens to whom he has given priority in medical services and other necessary services due them to give due respect to the older members of society.
He said that he had already instructed the Municipal Health office in this town to make schedules on the medical services to every barangay after they successfully launched dental services to the Senior Citizens recently. (Mar T. Supnad)
Dagupan immunization
DAGUPAN CITY — Caring for the health of Dagupeños , the City Health Office (CHO) will start its massive immunization this March before the scheduled Bangus Festival on April as part of the Department of Health’s national campaign to reduce the number of children at risk of getting measles or being susceptible to the disease that have built up since 2008.
City Health Officer Dr. Leonard Carbonell said that this year’s theme is “Iligtas sa Tigdas ang Pinas,”which aims to achieve at least 95 percent measles immunization coverage of all targeted children born between May 3, 2003 to July 2010. (Liezle Basa Inigo)


Comments
Please login or register to post comments.