Luzon Newsbits
Angeles fights garbage woes
ANGELES CITY, Pampanga, Philippines – Mayor Edgardo Pamintuan reiterated his initiative in taking responsibility of the city’s garbage problem as he spearheaded the crusade against indiscriminate waste disposal during the Summit on Solid Waste Management held recently at the Angeles City Library.
The mayor exhorted all barangay and city officials to work together in ridding the Material Recovery Facility (MRF) in Barangay Pampang of its accumulated garbage.
Pamintuan vowed to clear the MRF with garbage so as to safeguard the health conditions of residents and patients of the Rafael Lazatin Memorial Medical Center there. (Franco G. Regala)
No 'exporting' of problems
CAMP NAKAR, Lucena City – “Do not export your problems to the higher command.”
This was the clear instruction of Chief Superintendent Gil Meneses to all police officials under his command in the Southern Tagalog.
The Police Regional Office 4-A director said police commanders, chiefs and provincial directors must be responsible for solving the problems in their respective levels of command.
His reminder is aimed at boosting the performance and dynamism of the police force by making its officials self-reliant, particularly in solving crimes and peace and order problems. (Danny Estacio)
Espino lauds PPO, Director
LINGAYEN, Pangasinan – The provincial government headed by Governor Amado T. Espino Jr. commended Saturday the performance of the Pangasinan Police Provincial Office (PPO) for maintaining peace and order during the week-long celebration of the 2011 Pista’y Dayat.
No crime or untoward incident was reported here during the festival week from April 25 to May 2 even as tens of thousands of visitors attended various events highlighting the festival.
In lauding the PPO, Espino also defended Sr. Supt. Rosueto Ricaforte who had been linked to jai-alai operations.
Espino said that because of Ricaforte’s efforts, this province remains jueteng-free and the most peaceful in Region 1. (Liezle Basa Iñigo)
Vice mayor becomes mayor
DINGRAS, Ilocos Norte – Governor Imee Marcos formally sworn-in Dingras town Vice Mayor Erdio Valenzuela as the new mayor last Friday.
This developed after the incumbent, Mayor Marynette Gamboa, was unseated by the Commission on Elections (Comelec) in its ruling on the disqualification case filed by Councilor Nathaniel Taylan.
It was reported that Gamboa, who allegedly has a pending court case in Ventura County, California, USA, voluntarily relinquished her post after the Comelec ruling. (Freddie G. Lazaro)
Cavite police has secret files
The Cavite Police Provincial Office (PPO) started last Friday to deny media access to police documents, including the daily ournal which logs the reported crime incidents, apprehensions and other events from police stations of the province’s four cities and 19 towns. Chief Insp. Milagros Sanchez, public information officer, said the restriction was ordered by Sr. Supt. John Crisencio Bulalacao upon his assumption as PPO officer-incharge (OIC) last Thursday.
“We will just e-mail (to media) our accomplishment reports,” said Sanchez. (Anthony Giron)


Comments
Please login or register to post comments.