Luzon Newsbits
CJH developer to settle debt
BAGUIO CITY, Philippines — The developer of the 246-hectare Camp John Hay Special Economic Zone here will pay the Bases Conversion Development Authority (BCDA) the amount of P272 million to partially settle its accumulated debts amounting to roughly P2.6 billion.
The amount represents its supposed lease rentals for the 50-year lease of a portion of the former American rest and recreation center that started sometime in 1997.
Mayor Mauricio G. Domogan said the initial payment to be made by the Camp John Hay Development Corporation (CJHDevCO) is incorporated in the restructured lease agreement that embodies the appropriate solutions to the controversies that caused the unpaid obligations over the past 14 years. (Dexter A. See)
60 receive aid for livelihood
ANGELES CITY, Pampanga — Sixty individuals who finished training under the Manpower Skills and Livelihood Center of the Public Employment Service Office (PESO) here received government assistance from the Department of Labor and Employment (DoLE) Region III, the other day.
The funding is part of DoLE’s “Capacity Building Program and Livelihood Enhancement of Ambulant Vendors” and the “Pangkabuhayan Starter Kit Program.”
Mayor Edgardo Pamintuan said Maria Rima Hernandez, officer-in-charge of DoLE-Pampanga Office presented a check for P600,000 for the livelihood starter kits and other assistance packages. (Franco G. Regala)
Calapan earns 2 dev't awards
CALAPAN CITY, Oriental Mindoro (PIA) — The state-of-the-art Calapan City Public Market Building and the Passenger Terminal in Oriental Mindoro won an Outstanding Development Projects award for 2010 by the Association of Development Financing Institutions in Asia and the Pacific (ADFIAP).
The construction of the facility was funded by the Land Bank of the Philippines.
The new facilities now accommodate the produce and services offered by entrepreneurs, farmers and fisherfolk in the area as a progressive agri-business trading center.
More cops on streets vowed
ANTIPOLO CITY, Rizal — Additional policemen will be deployed in strategic areas of this province to ensure the effective implementation of the peace and order program of the Philippine National Police (PNP).
This was the assurance given by newly installed Region 4-A police director, Chief Supt. Gil Meneses, Jr., to Rizal Governor Casimiro “Jun” Ynares III when they meet earlier this week.
Accompanied by Senior Supt. Manuel Cesar Prieto, Rizal police director, Meneses conveyed to Ynares that he intends to foster closer ties between the Police Regional Office and local government officials in the southern Tagalog region. (Nel B. Andrade)
Council okays fish kill probe
SAN FERNANDO CITY, Pampanga — Fourth District Board Member Nestor Tolentino blamed indiscriminate fishing and dumping of wastes for the tons of dead fish seen floating along Pampanga River two weeks ago.
Tolentino said the Sangguniang Panlalawigan is set on creating an investigative body to probe the matter on Monday.
Officials of Masantol town, representatives from the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) and local fishermen were called to the meeting to look into the reported fish kill which Tolentino blamed on polluters. (Franco G. Regala)


Comments
Please login or register to post comments.