Luzon Newsbits

Hanging bridge opened in Bukod

September 29, 2011, 4:46pm

BUKOD, Benguet, Philippines — A P2-million hanging footbridge that will benefit 10 communities in a remote area of this town was inaugurated recently in Sitio Jangjang in Barangay Ambuklao, here.

The Jangjang-Balengasay hanging bridge, to benefit 85 households in 10 sitios, is expected to facilitate the transport of products from local livelihood like fish and provide safe passage for schoolchildren.

It was inaugurated by SN Aboitiz Power (SNAP)-Benguet, which funded the project, and officials of the Benguet provincial government, led by Benguet Governor Nestor B. Fongwan. (Dexter A. See)

Angeles sets up satellite office

ANGELES CITY — In its bid to provide faster and efficient services to the people of this city, the local government opened its satellite office at a shopping mall in Barangay Balibago earlier this week.

The satellite office at Robinsons Place houses frontline offices of the city government like the Business Permit and Licensing Division, Local Civil Registrar, City Treasurer’s Office, City Tourism Office, Public Employment and Services Office, Traffic Enforcement and Transportation Management Office and City Health Office, said City Administrator Dennis Albert Pamintuan.

The satellite office will be of great help to the two big villages of the city – Barangay Balibago and Malabanias. The mall spent around P2 million to accommodate us,” Pamintuan said. (Franco G. Regala)

Bataan folk pray in thanksgiving

BALANGA CITY, Bataan — Prayers of thanksgiving were offered Thursday by the people of Bataan after their governor was spared from injury when a narra tree fell on his vehicle on Roman Highway while monitoring the typhoon situation in the province last Tuesday.

Governor Enrique “Tet” Garcia led a thanksgiving mass for cheating death at the height of typhoon “Pedring.” His driver, Efren Pascual, was wounded in the accident and was still confined in a hospital as of press time Thursday afternoon. (Mar T. Supnad)

San Roque Dam managed better

LINGAYEN, Pangasinan — Governor Amado T. Espino Jr. assured Thursday the safety of his constituents residing in areas that serve as a catch basin of water released from San Roque Dam through more efficient management of spilling operations.

As such, water was released to its spillway at 12 noon Thursday to preempt any sudden release in water that caused flashflooding in low-lying areas in the past. Espino put to task the San Roque Power Corporation to have an efficient coordinating system with the provincial government to prevent sudden flooding that puts lives at risk. (Liezle Basa Iñigo)

Clark seals $50-M Japan investment

CLARK FREEPORT, Pampanga — Continuing investment generation inside the Freeport here was one of the highlights of the recent trip of President Aquino to Japan as a Reservation Agreement and Term Sheet between a leading Japanese gas company and the Clark Development Corporation (CDC) was signed.

CDC President Felipe Antonio B. Remollo said Aquino witnessed the signing of the agreement between Ingasco and the CDC which will pave the way for the establishment here of a $50-million Air Separation Unit Facility. Remollo and Ingasco President Masahiko Kitabatake signed the accord for the project at the 32,928-square meter area on Panday Pira Avenue here. (Franco G. Regala)

Comments