Luzon Newsbits
P1.8-B budget for Nueva Ecija
PALAYAN CITY, Nueva Ecija, Philippines — The Sangguniang Panlalawigan (SP or Provincial Board) approved recently Nueva Ecija’s P1.8-billion proposed budget for 2012. The budget, which is four percent bigger than last year’s, had proposed P691.9 million for personnel services representing 37 percent of the budget; P368.2 million (19.8 percent) for maintenance and other operating expenditures; and P279.8 million (15 percent) for capital outlay. Vice Governor Jose Gay Padiernos, SP presiding officer, said the budget was approved following a marathon two-week deliberation without any major cuts. (Mark Anthony N. Manuel)
Olongapo's easy land titling set
OLONGAPO CITY, Zambales — This city is blazing the trail again with the recent launching of a mass land titling program, the first in Central Luzon, through the Systematic Adjudication Project Office (SAPO). The program, a brainchild of Mayor James “Bong” Gordon, Jr. establishes a one-stop-shop for land title applicants manned jointly by the city government, Department of Environment and Natural Resources-Region 3 (DENR-3), Community Environment and Natural Resources Office and the Register of Deeds. (Franco G. Regala)
Rizal raises aid, offers prayers
ANTIPOLO CITY, Rizal — The provincial government is spearheading a fund-raising and donation drive to help in aiding the thousands of victims of storm “Sendong” in northern Mindanao and parts of the Visayas. In this city, government employees led by Mayor Danilo Leyble offered prayers and a moment of silence to the thousands of victims and relatives who survived in the recent calamity before they started their Christmas party the other night. In Cainta, Mayor Ramon “Mon” Ilagan recently led employees in donating a portion of their Christmas cash gift for the benefit of victims of devastating flash floods. (Nel B. Andrade)
Espino: Health care a priority
LINGAYEN, Pangasinan — Governor Amado T. Espino Jr. said Saturday that health programs will continue to be in his priorities as he cited the improvement of healthcare for his constituents this year as one of his shining achievements in office. He said he will continue reforms in health care for 2012 to include the rehabilitation and facelift of all the 13 government hospitals of the province; the increase in bed capacity of the Pangasinan Provincial Hospital in San Carlos City from 150 beds to 450; expanded coverage of the PhilHealth insurance; and improved maternal and child health care. (Liezle Basa Iñigo)
PGOM awards 5 outstanding cops
CALAPAN CITY, Oriental Mindoro (PIA) — Five police officers were recognized by the Provincial Government of Oriental Mindoro (PGOM) as 2011 Outstanding Police Officers recently. In a simple ceremony held at Capitol Square, Gov. Alfonso V. Umali, Jr. together with Senior Superintendent Anthony S. Alcañeces, Police Provincial Office (PPO) director, and Board Member Romeo G. Infantado led the awarding rites. SPO1 Rosalinda C. Mamburan, the only female awarded, was cited for her work with women and child victims of abuse.


Comments
Please login or register to post comments.