Luzon Newsbits
AFP to augment Zambales security
IBA, Zambales, Philippines — President Benigno S. Aquino III has ordered the military and the police to augment security in Zambales, particularly in the 2nd District which is set to hold a special elections for a seat in Congress. The law enforcement augmentation forces will assist the Commission on Elections (Comelec) during the election season.
By virtue of Memorandum Order 29 signed by Executive Secretary Paquito Ochoa Jr. on Jan. 9, 2012, Aquino agreed to Comelec Resolution No. 9312 for “concurrence in the deputation of law enforcement agencies and other instrumentalities of the government” in connection with the special elections. (Jonas Reyes)
Jobs program to be enhanced
LINGAYEN, Pangasinan — The provincial government here announced Tuesday that it will continue to expand employment opportunities in both local and foreign shores for job applicants from Pangasinan. As part of Governor Amado Espino Jr.’s program, the move is in line with the program to make this province the best place for jobseekers.
The Provincial Employment Services Office (PESO) recorded a total of 1,004 job applicants have been successfully given jobs under the program in 2011. Of this number, 175 jobseekers were deployed overseas. (Liezle Basa Iñigo)
Guard returns pouch with cash
BALIUAG, Bulacan — A security guard at the SM City mall here exhibited the admirable trait of honesty when he returned a pouch containing P47,650 to its rightful owner, who had lost it while shopping at the mall recently.
“An act of moral strength was shown by Edralin Alagano as he committed himself to bring service excellence in his job as a mall security guard here,” said mall information officer, Bheverly “Bang” Cruz.
Manolito San Jose, who had lost the pouch, expressed admiration for Alagano for having surrendered the pouch to mall authorities so he could claim it. (Freddie C. Velez)
Improved peace and order cited
CAMP TOLENTINO, Bataan — The Bataan Police Provincial Office (PPO) reported Tuesday the steady improvement of peace and order in this province over the last two years and the continued neutralization of organized crime groups.
Senior Superintendent Arnold D. Gunnacao, Bataan PPO director, said there had been a significant drop in the number of holdup, hijacking and robbery incidents.
Gunnacao assured the public and investors that the PPO will continue to exert efforts to get rid of all organized crime groups for a flourishing economy and peaceful way of life. (Mar T. Supnad)
Rizal calls for police recruits
RIZAL PROVINCE — The Rizal Police Provincial Office (PPO) and the police stations of the 14 localities in this province are now accepting applicants for the police service as part of the desire of the Philippine National Police (PNP) to increase the number of policemen against the growing population in this region.
Senior Supt. Manuel Cesar Prieto, PPO director announced the slots for Police Officer 1 (PO1) position are now open. Qualified to apply are physically and mentally fit Filipino citizens who are 21 to 30 years old; have a baccalaureate degree, 5’4’’ for male and 5’2’’ for female; a board passer; and who has a good moral character; and no criminal and administrative charges. (Nel B. Andrade)


Comments
Please login or register to post comments.