Luzon Newsbits
Pangasinan Athletes
LINGAYEN, Pangasinan – The province’s athletes have started to prepare for the much- awaited Palarong Pambansa 2012 where the province will host the biggest sports event by showing their physical prowess and competence in sports in the 6th Pangasinan Division Olympic Games slated from February 15 to 18 at the Narciso Ramos Sports and Civic Center (NRSCC) here.
The Province will renew its title as host of the national games on May 6 to 12 this year after 17 long years. (Liezle Basa Inigo)
Quezon Projects
LUCENA CITY, Quezon — Quezon governor David C. Suarez is very optimistic that the P1.5-billion fund project will be realized after the Malacañang dismissed the motion for reconsideration filed by the Sangguniang Panlalawigan Presiding Officer against him and ten members of Provincial Board in relation to a resolution for memorandum of agreement (MOA) giving authority to enter into agreement with various national government agencies.
In a interview with the media men, Suarez said that the P750-million will be expectedly to be downloaded completely on the first quarter of 2012 and another P750 will be released before the end of 2012 to be utilized on various projects like farm-to-market roads, construction of school buildings, ports and other readily identified infrastructure projects for the towns of Quezon. (Danny Estacio)
Bataan P.N.P.
CAMP TOLENTINO, Bataan — The new Police Director of the province wanted that the accomplishment reports of his men in the field be given credit to them directly, boosting their morale and will further encourage policemen to buckle down to work.
In an impromptu interview, Sr. Supt. Ricardo Zapata, newly designated Police Director, told this correspondent that giving merits to his men who worked hard in the field should be taken cognizance of since they were the ones who accomplished it.
“Ang policy ko ay gusto ko ang mga hepe, pulis ko sa ground ang mabigyan ng credit sa kanilang mga accomplishment dahil sila ang nagtatrabaho; dapat lang na sila ang papurihan sa kanilang magandang ginawa, hindi ako,” pointed out Col. Zapata. (Mar T Supnad)
Cleanest Barangay
BAGUIO CITY (PIA) — As part of Baguio Flower Festival 2012, the search for the Cleanest and Greenest barangay from among the 128 barangays, including the roadside, garden and landscaping contest, is on.
The contest is part of the administrative order issued by Mayor Mauricio Domogan last year for the Panagbenga 2012 activities.
According to Councilor Betty Lourdes Tabanda, chairperson for the search committee, the contest criteria and guidelines was approved during the barangay coordinators meeting last Wednesday.
Flood Advisory
TUGUEGARAO CITY (PIA) — The Regional Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (RDRRMC) region 2 has released a series of warnings to residents in the mountain slopes for possible occurrence of landslide and for those in the low lying areas, for flashfloods.
Civil defense director Norma Talosig said the continuous rains affecting parts of Luzon caused by the tail end of the cold front could cause flashfloods and landslides.


Comments
Please login or register to post comments.