Visayas Newsbits
G.S.I.S. EXTENSION
SAN JOSE, Antique (PIA) – The Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) Antique Field office announced that the filing for emergency or calamity loan for members affected by typhoons “Pablo” and “Quinta” is extended until January 18, 2013. Leo Frigillano, branch head of the GSIS Antique in a radio program of Philippine Information Agency over station dyKA, said the extension of deadline was made yesterday by Sr. Vice President Dionisio Ebdane through an electronic mail. “This is to allow members who have not availed of the calamity loan last year to apply now,” he said.
KALIBO FESTIVAL
KALIBO, Aklan (PNA) – Several telecommunication companies will be providing free services here to help promote the Kalibo Sto. Niño Ati-atihan Festival 2013. Augusto Tolentino, chairman on publicity of the festival organizer Kalibo Sto.Nino Ati-atihan Foundation, Incorporated (KASAFI), said that Globe Philippines has already expressed interests of providing free wifi services. "The free wifi signal will be provided by Globe Telecom at the Pastrana Park for the duration of the revelry," Tolentino said. The Ati-atihan will start January 14, and will end January 20. Tolentino said the revelers could now take Ati-atihan photos and immediately post it in the social media.
TESTING CENTER
BORONGAN CITY (PIA) – The Civil Service Commission (CSC) here announces the conduct of the 2013 Career Service Examination, Paper and Pencil Test (CSE-PPT) for Professional and Sub-Professional levels. A report sent to the PIA said that April 14, 2013, is the date of examination in three Testing Centers in the region, namely in Tacloban City, Leyte, Borongan City, this province and Catarman in Northern Samar. The report added that admission of application began on November 19, 2012, and would end this February 28. With a Testing Center now in Borongan, several local applicants have expressed relief.
INFO SERVICE
CEBU CITY (PIA) – Region-7 office of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD-7) Director Ma. Evelyn Macapobre expressed her gratitude and commendation to media practitioners in Central Visayas. Macapobre thanked the media for their initiative in reaching out to the public through their information dissemination of the department’s social welfare programs and services. “In the past years, the media was very instrumental in achieving successful implementation and delivery of services and programs of the DSWD Field Office 7,” Macapobre said. She said the media has been helping the office answer queries from the public.
MORE FLIGHTS
ILOILO CITY (PNA) – After the successful launching of international flights to Hong Kong and Singapore, the regional office of the Department of Tourism (DOT) here is eyeing another direct flight to India. “The economy is booming particularly in the information technology (IT) sector. And when an economy of an originating country is booming that simply shows that their citizens have a higher capacity to travel outside,” DOT Regional Director Helen J. Catalbas said. Catalbas likewise explained that the national government through the Department of Foreign Affairs and the DOT has relaxed visa requirements where visa can now be issued upon arrival.

