Comelec won’t void results of 2013 polls
The Commission on Elections (Comelec) sees no reason to void the results of the May 2013 senatorial elections especially since the winners in the senatorial race have already been proclaimed.
“Wala namang basis [There's no basis] to void the election results. In the first place, it’s consummated,” Comelec Chairman Sixto Brillantes, Jr. said in an interview Wednesday.
“Basta sa amin tapos na yan e. Naproclaim na yung mga nanalo nung 2013 [For us, that's finished. The winners were already proclaimed],” he added.
This was the poll chief’s response to the petition filed by four losing senatorial bets Ricardo Penson, Hans Christian Señeres, Rizalito David, and Baldomero Falcone at the Supreme Court. They seek to void the results of last year’s senatorial elections due to the alleged glitches in the precinct count optical scan (PCOS) machines.
The four accused Comelec of committing grave abuse of discretion in proclaiming the winners of the Senate race despite existing questions on remaining election returns (ERs).
Brillantes said if the four wanted to question the results of the senatorial elections they should have filed a protest at the Senate Electoral Tribunal.