Google Best Apps of 2013 winner “whoscall” released on LINE
LINE, the world’s leading mobile platform with 320 million users worldwide, today announced the release of LINE whoscall, a free call-filtering and number management app for Android developed by Gogolook Co., Ltd., a world leading caller ID service company.
LINE whoscall for Android devices will allow users to identify the source of incoming numbers and filter out unwanted calls and messages.
The app is a reworked interface for LINE users based on whoscall, which has been downloaded more than 5 million times worldwide, and was selected for the Google Best Innovation Award of 2013 in eight regions, including Taiwan, Hong Kong, Indonesia, and Malaysia.
LINE whoscall utilizes a database of over 600 million numbers, including businesses and shops, sourced from the Yellow Pages and other public data resources to automatically identify and display the source of incoming calls and messages as they arrive. This allows users to filter out suspicious numbers before they answer a call or message.
1. Contacts found on mobile devices will not be automatically collected by the LINE whoscall service.
2. The app will not include a feature that offers LINE account authentication on its release. For this reason, messages and calls received inside the LINE app will not be affected by the filtering settings made with LINE whoscall.
• Supported devices: Android
• Supported languages: English, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Korean, Japanese
• Supported regions: Global
• Service begins: January 9, 2014
• Cost: Free
For more Line info check out http://whoscall.com