Mindanao Newsbits
D.O.S.T. program for entrepreneurs
CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, Misamis Oriental, Philippines (PIA) – Micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) lacking in funds but intend to adopt technological innovations to improve their operations, productivity, and competitiveness have other funding options to consider.
Such funds can be provided by the Small Enterprises Technology Upgrading Program (SET-UP) of the Departmentof Science and Technology (DoST) to eligible companies, Mary Grace Postor, project
development officer, said.
Priority sectors include processed food, furniture, metals and engineering, horticulture and agriculture, aquatic and marine, natural fibers, gifts, house wares and decors, and fashion accessories.
Internet-based listing pushed
GENERAL SANTOS CITY (PIA) – An official of the Cotabato City Agriculture Service Division (ASD) said the Internetbased Municipal Fisherfolk Registration (MFR) system will likely receive positive reception from the Cotabato City government.
In a meeting with the representative of the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources in Region 12, Mohamad Abdulgani, ASD head, said this endeavor is timely as it complements with the current policies of the local administration to enhance database management of the agriculture and fisheries sectors. MFR will soon be deployed in pilot areas in Central Mindanao.
Indigent patients get medical help
CITY OF MATI, Davao Oriental (PNA) – At least 500 indigent patients here were treated at the four-day Halad Surgical Mission 2011, sponsored by Davao Oriental Gov. Corazon Malanyaon, which was conducted recently by 40 medical doctors coming from various parts of Mindanao.
Malanyaon said this year’s mission was headed by Dr. Rolley Rey Lobo. “This surgical mission is intended for the impoverished patients who cannot afford the highly prohibitive cost of medicines and medical services of private hospitals,” she said.
Davao Norte cops intensify security
PANABO CITY, Davao del Norte (PNA) – Members of the Davao del Norte Police Office were placed under heightened alert following the foiled assault on the Panabo City Police Station which left a policeman and a police auxiliary dead Saturday night.
Senior Supt. Edgardo Wycoco, director of the Davao del Norte Provincial Police Office, said all personnel must stay in camp to prepare for possible retaliation by the rebels, believed to be behind the attack.
Additional fire equipment requested
PANABO CITY, Davao del Norte (PNA) – Officials of the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) in Davao del Norte are pushing for the purchase of more equipment out of the FireCode fees amounting to over
P6 million collected last year.
Senior Insp. Edwin Pelaez, BFP officer-in-charge in Davao del Norte, said fire stations still lack some equipment, though fire trucks were no longer a problem.
He said among the common needs include firefighting suits, like boots and helmets, and high-tech equipment such as aerial ladder, and long fire hoses.


Comments
Please login or register to post comments.