All roads in Eastern Visayas now passable – DPWH
GOVERNMENT CENTER, Palo, Leyte, Philippines — The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) in Eastern Visayas has reported that all national roads are now passable to all types of vehicles after floodwaters have subsided in the region.
Engineer Angel Sia, Jr., Chief of DPWH- 8’s Maintenance Section said he and DPWH 8 Regional Director Rolando M. Asis have inspected all road sections in Leyte and Samar last Saturday to directly find out the status of national road networks in Eastern Visayas. “We’re happy to report that these national roads have not been damaged by the floodwaters and are now passable after floodwaters in previously inundated areas have subsided, and roads in these areas now are passable to all types of vehicles,” he said.
Sia reported that the road section in the town of Quinapondan, Eastern Samar and the Taft-Wright Road section are also now passable along with the Dampay road section in Brgy. Ulasian, Sogod, Southern Leyte.
He also reported that he and Asis inspected national roads in Eastern Samar, Southern Leyte, in Leyte’s 5th district, Baybay City, Ormoc City, and St. Bernard in Southern Leyte to make certain that all national roads in those places could now be opened to all types of vehicles.
"We went around and inspected the national roads with Director Asis to ensure that these are passable," Sia said.
Last week, some of these national roads like the Palo and Sta. Fe road sections in Leyte were submerged in floodwaters as a result of continuous heavy rains. The DPWH also closed the national road linking Mahaplag and Sogod in Southern Leyte and diverted traffic to the Abuyog-Silago road to ensure that the would not be affected by the landslide that occurred in the area between Mahaplag and Sogod towns.


Comments
Please login or register to post comments.