Mindanao Newsbits
Bayanihan system in Davao Oriental
TARRAGONA, Davao Oriental, Philippines (PNA) — The 28th Infantry Battalion (IB) of the Philippine Army based in this province has been promoting the “bayanihan” system in order to win the fight against insurgency and wage community outreach programs rather than armed confrontation.
Lt. Col. Leopoldo Imbang, the battalion commander of the 28th IB, said such approach is gradually gaining ground in his area and that the civilians are cooperating well with them. Imbang said they have regular meetings and dialogues with different tribal communities in their area including Mati City and Lupon, Tarragona, San Isidro and Banay-banay towns.
D.S.W.D. holds aid plan forum
DAVAO CITY, Philippines (PNA) — The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Davao recently held its regional forum for local government units (LGUs) covered by the "Makamasang Tugon" of the Kapit-Bisig Laban sa Kahirapan–Comprehensive and Integrated Delivery of Social Services (KALAHI-CIDSS) project in the region.
DSWD Regional Director Ester A. Versoza said it is very important to improve the capacity of all components of the project to ensure its success as this is intended to alleviate the situation of poor communities.
Davao police in drug test
DAVAO CITY, Philippines (PNA) – Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio ordered the inclusion of personnel of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) and Task Force (TF) Davao in the city government’s implementation of a random drug-testing program among City Hall employees.
Human Resource Management Office (HRMO) acting chief Erwin P. Alparaque said they will meet with DCPO chief Senior Supt. Rene Espera and TF Davao commander Col. Rey Leonardo Guerrero to discuss the system for the conduct of random drug tests among uniformed personnel.
Earlier, the mayor signed Executive Order 24 or "Drug Free in the Workplace Program" mandating drug testing for all City Government employees.
Tagum receives P1-M cash grant
TAGUM CITY, Davao del Norte, Philippines (PNA) -- The Department of Agriculture (DA) Davao recently turned over P1 million check to Tagum City government for operational fund and purchase of agricultural machinery and equipment in this province.
DA Regional Executive Director Oscar O. Parawan said aside from the cash grant, the DA also turned over an agricultural farm tractor worth to P1.2 million acquired through a 50:50 counter-parting scheme.
Parawan said the fund is part of Agri Pinoy's Food Security and Self-Sufficiency Program bannered by President Aquino and Agriculture Secretary Proceso Alcala.
P.C.G. pulling out stranded vessel
GENERAL SANTOS CITY, Philippines (PNA) — The foreign cargo vessel that rammed a critical reef off the coasts of Kiamba town in Sarangani province last week may finally be pulled out from the area within the next few days, Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) officials said Wednesday.
Roy Echeverria, PCG Southeastern Mindanao acting deputy commander, said crew members of the stranded M/V Double Prosperity are now working double time to unload the more than 66,000 tons of coal that it was carrying and facilitate the pullout of the vessel.


Comments
Please login or register to post comments.