39 victims of Cagayan's food poisoining are out from hospital
TUGUEGARAO CITY, Philippines -- The 39 victims of food poisoning from Larion Bajo Elementary School in Tuguegarao City were released from the Cagayan Valley Medical Center (CVMC) last Thursday, according to City Health Officer, Dr. James Guzman.
However, two food poisoning victims, a 5 year-old boy and a 7 year-old girl, are still confined in the hospital as they are still experiencing stomachaches and fever.
In a phone interview, Guzman said that the 39 released victims of said food poisoning were given vitamins and medicines for their full recovery from food poisoning after eating rice noodles locally known as "sinantak" or "sinabawang pansit" during their recess in the said school last Tuesday.
Two pre-schoolers, who were victims of said food poisoning, identified as Eloisa Ballad and Jessica Mae Bangayan died while being treated in the hospital while 41 others including three teachers were hospitalized.
It was also reported that classes in Larion Bajo Elementary School already resumed Friday.
Meanwhile, the relatives of the two pre-schoolers who died are planning to file charges against school officials for gross negligence.
Melonie Ballad, Eloisa’s mother; and Jessie Bangayan, Jessica’s father, both told they will file charges against the school’s officials upon the internment of their daughters.
For their part, the Department of Education (DepEd) in Cagayan Valley Region had already formed an investigating body to dig deeper on the real cause of the food poisoning.
Last Wednesday, Education Secretary Armin Luistro visited the wake of the dead victims and the confined victims at the Cagayan Valley Medical Center (CVMC).
The secretary assured his support to the victims and their families while also endorsing a probe into the food poisoning incident.


Comments
Please login or register to post comments.