New Negros Oriental Board Member
DUMAGUETE CITY, Philippines (PNA) — The vacant seat at the Sangguniang Panlalawigan in Negros Oriental was finally filled up after Board Member Angelo Teves formally took his oath Friday before the Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 33 Judge Fe Lualhati Bustamante.
Teves, who is a member of the Nationalist People’s Coalition (NPC) party, filled in the vacated position of former 2nd District Board Member and now Vice Governor Apolinario Arnaiz, Jr.
He is expected to be welcomed by his colleagues in the Sangguniang Panlalawigan during its regular session on Tuesday at the session hall of the Legislative Building.
Present during Friday’s oathtaking of Teves were 2nd District Rep. George Arnaiz, who is also the provincial NPC chairman, Board Members Melimoore Saycon, Erwin Michael Macias and Rotelio Lumjod.
Rep. Arnaiz said the party is grateful to President Benigno Aquino III for approving the appointment of Teves.
The President signed the appointment of BM Teves last June 9 but he was only informed recently through the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) about it.
Arnaiz said the party unanimously approved Teves to fill in the vacant position as Board Member in the second congressional district in the province. They believed that being a former three-term councilor of Bais City, he can better represent the people of the second district.
Board Member Teves expressed his utmost gratitude to the NPC party for giving him the trust and confidence as member of the Provincial Board.
His initial plan as Board Member is to give assistance to waterworks system and electrification to the residents in the mountain barangays in Bais City.
Teves said he would use his Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) through realistic projects that truly benefit the poor.
The political scenario in Negros Oriental had taken unusual turns since last year following the deaths of its two governors, Emilio Macias II and Agustin Perdices.
Macias was re-elected in the May 10, 2011 elections but died on June 13 last year before he could take oath. Vice Governor-elect Agustin Perdices then took over the post, while 1st Board Member Roel Degamo replaced him.
Perdices, however, died in January this year, making Degamo the governor under the country’s rule of succession.
Board Member Apolinario Arnaiz, Jr. then succeeded Degamo as the vice governor, thus leaving two vacated positions at the Provincial Board, which were filled up by Vice Mayor-elect of Dauin, Rodrigro Alanano last May, and now, by Teves. (PNA)


Comments
Please login or register to post comments.