Aid for typhoon victims urged
MANILA, Philippines — Manila Archbishop Gaudencio Cardinal Rosales Thursday urged all parishes in the archdiocese to hold a second collection this Sunday for the victims of tropical storm “Juaning” in Bicol.
“I appeal to everyone to pray and help the typhoon victims,” he said over Church-run Radio Veritas.
“This Sunday, as we gather in churches, let us give them our modest contribution,” added Rosales.
The cardinal said the donations will be sent to the Catholic Church’s social action arm, Caritas Manila, whch will then coordinate with its counterparts in the Bicol region.
“We will use these (donations) to help typhoon victims in the Bicol Region,” Rosales said.
Last week, Caritas Manila already announced its willingness to send aid to the Bicol region, which was the hardest hit by the wrath of “Juaning.''
Last Monday, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) reported that it has placed the number of fatality from the storm at 57, along with 24 others missing.




Comments
Please login or register to post comments.