Free dengue treatment in Pampanga
SAN FERNANDO CITY, Philippines — With the increasing number of dengue cases in the province, the provincial government here Sunday extended the no fees of charged to dengue patients admitted in all Provincial District Hospitals. This came after the provincial executive raise alarm of the continuous increases of dengue cases in this province.
On Sunday an exclusive interview with Governor Lilia G. Pineda revealed that dengue outbreak raised to more than 1,000 cases admitted in various public and private hospitals throughout the province.
In a report to Governor Pineda by Joel Mapiles head of Provincial Information Office (PIO) said that in July 2010, about 287 cases of dengue were reported while in July this year, about 986 cases were recorded throughout Pampanga, except Angeles City.
Pineda quoted “I’m very worried because of the resurge of dengue case here, adding that cases have increased to double that of previous outbreaks.”
The Lady Governor ordered the extension of provision of free medical assistance as Pampanga top 3 among seven Central Luzon provinces with the highest number of cases and fatalities of dengue fever.
She said “I extended the no fees of charged for the medical treatment of each dengue patient who is admitted recently in all Districts Hospitals being run by the Provincial Government.”
However, a 50 percent discount exists for dengue patients admitted at Jose B. Lingad Memorial Hospital (JBLMH) in City of San Fernando, Pineda added.
The provincial executive also appeals to all household in the province especially in the rural areas to everyday clean their surrounding to minimize the dengue while the government addressing the outbreak.
In related reports, the Pampanga Sangguniang Panlalawigan (SP) spearheaded a one-day lecture on hospital dengue management to further enhance the knowledge and capability of health service providers in the various district hospitals of the province last Tuesday.
Through the joint efforts of the Provincial Health Office and 3rd District Board Member Monina Laus, who chairs the Sangguniang Panlalawigan (SP) committee on health, medical specialists of the Jose B. Lingad Regional Memorial conducted lectures on the hospital management of suspected, probable and confirmed cases of dengue.
Laus said that the activity aimed to provide the health service providers in the nine district hospitals of the province with adequate knowledge and understanding on proper management of dengue cases.
She added that this is also in line with Governor Pineda’s desire to decongest the JBL Hospital of dengue patients as the chief provincial executive strongly recommends that dengue patients be brought to the district hospitals as JBL Regional Hospital is already congested.
Laus also announced that the governor will utilize the Ricardo Rodriquez Memorial Hospital in Bacolor town to accommodate dengue patients.
At present, more than 500 dengue patients are confined at the JBL Regional Hospital which has 250-bed capacity.
Laus called on the chiefs of hospitals, nurses and midwives to support the provincial government’s efforts to address the dengue problem even as she encouraged them to perform their duties and responsibilities with passion.
The board member likewise stressed the need for the general public to maintain clean and healthy surroundings and eliminate the breeding places of dengue-carrier mosquitoes.
More than 1,000 cases of dengue were recently reported in various areas of Pampanga, most of which occurred in the municipalities of Mabalacat, Candaba, Apalit, Mexico, Arayat, City of San Fernando and Angeles City.
This figure, according to Dr. Marilu Malamug of the Center for Health Development in Region 3, is much higher over the number of dengue cases recorded in the same period last year.
Considered as dengue hot spots are Barangays San Juan in Apalit, Dau in Mabalacat and Sindalan in the City of San Fernando.


Comments
Please login or register to post comments.