Butuan set for '11-11-11' project
BUTUAN CITY, Philippines — This city is all set for the implementation Friday, November 11, 2011, of its “11-11-11 Clean Ground, Zero Waste” project.
City officials said they are confident that close to half a million inhabitants in this region’s frontier and capital city are participating for the full implementation of the city’s project.
The “11-11-11 Clean Ground, Zero Waste” project of the city government will highlight the full implemented of the “No Segregation, No Collection” policy in all the 27 urban and 50 rural villages in the area.
Simultaneously, all line agencies of the government and non-government organizations (NGOs), public and private schools, police and military, religious groups, and all sectors of society are expected to join this big activity that is initiated by the city government.
It was learned that beginning Friday, Butuanons will have to segregate waste materials at source and follow the schedules of garbage collection through various radio programs and print media, and also on posted notices at various strategic places around the city.
City officials said posters related to proper waste management are being posted in all corners of the city in an effort to strictly implement the “Clean Ground, Zero Waste” program.
A covenant signing between the local tri-media and the city government is already in place as a sign of partnership and commitment to continuously promote and adhere to the law on proper segregation of waste materials.
“This is the beginning to make Butuan a cleaner city, and I urge all Butuanons and all sectors of society to join this very noble program, after all this is for the good of everybody,” said City Mayor Ferdinand Amante, Jr., a doctor by profession.
It was also learned that several programs are also lined up for the whole day activity where the city officialdom led by Amante had been spearheading.
In another development, the city government opened more public-private-partnership or PPP projects at various parts in the city in an effort to serve the public – especially the tourists, both foreign and domestic.
On Tuesday, the city officials led by Amante also spearheaded the opening of the PPP-BBQ Kiosk at the corner of Silongan and A.D. Curato Streets.
The project is a joint undertaking of the city government and Coca-Cola Bottlers Philippines, Inc., Amante added.


Comments
Please login or register to post comments.