Clark sets balloon fest 2012
CLARK FREEPORT, Pampanga, Philippines — At least 22 hot air balloons, including some specially-shaped balloons from nine countries, will be the main attractions in the forthcoming 17th Philippine Hot Air Balloon Fiesta on February 9-12, 2012, here.
Clark Development Corporation President Felipe Antonio B. Remollo said the event will be bigger and better as more American balloonists have confirmed attendance at the Philippine Air Force’s (PAF) ADAC Hangar, here next year.
Remollo said that the kiwi-shaped balloon would be among the attractions in this year festivities during the weekend of everything that flies.
Organizers of the Philippine Hot Air Balloon said the balloonists will come from United States, Finland, Sweden, Amsterdam, Germany, United Kingdom, Japan, South Korea and the Philippines.
The hot air balloon fest is one of the main sports-tourism attractions in Clark which is under the auspices of the Department of Tourism (DoT).
The event is expected to attract more foreign and local tourists this year as more than 100,000 tourists are expected to flock during the hot air balloon festival here, said Remollo.
He said he already signed the memorandum of agreement (MoA) between the state-run corporation and the PIHABF Foundation, Inc. last month at the CDC Corporate Headquarters here.


Comments
Please login or register to post comments.