Cavite approves P2.7-B 2012 budget
TRECE MARTIRES CITY, Philippines — The Cavite Sangguniang Panglalawigan (Provincial Board) has approved a total budget of P2,706,998,419 for 2012.
The budget, which will be used mainly for wages and service and operational expenses, was the biggest so far for the province.
The 2012 budget was higher by P605,152,147, or approximately 28.8 percent, than the 2011 budget amounting to 2,101,846,272, and 32.1 percent with the 2010 budget of P2,034,371,301.
Board Member Raul Rex D. Mangubat, chairman of the Committee on Finance, Budget and Appropriations, said that the 2012 budget was approved by the Sanggunian after a two-day deliberation on the proposed budget.
The deliberation was made after the Sanggunian discussed for more than two months the budget proposals that were submitted by the administration office and division heads. There was no opposition on the budget, said Mangubat.
The annual budget was intended for the year-round expenditures of the provincial department offices, public divisions, which included schools and hospitals, and special appropriations. The provincial government has some 26 departments or offices and about 2,700 provincial employees and casual workers.
The 2011 provincial budget is contained in Appropriation Ordinance No. 17-S-2011 that the 18-member Sanggunian passed during its 59th and last regular session last December 12.
Present during the approval were Vice Governor and Sanggunian Presiding Officer Recto M. Cantimbuhan, Mangubat, who stood as acting majority floor leader; and Board Members Ryan R. Enriquez, Rolando S. Remulla., Larry Boy S. Nato, Rodrigo P. Arguelles, Sr.. Teofilo B. Lara, Marcos C. Amutan,. Aristides Jose Virgilio D. Velazco, Albert G. Ambagan, Jr., and sectoral representativestives Maurito C. Sison and Meldon G. de Sagun.
Absent were Board Member Hermogenes C. Arayata III and Ramon “Jolo” B. Revilla III, president of Association of Barangay Chairmen Provincial Federation.
Also not present as they were on official business were Majority Floor Leader Dino Carlo R. Chua, Edwin E. Malvar and Virgilio T. Ambion. On study leave was Board Member Irene D. Bencito.
Governor Juanito Victor “Jonvic” Remulla Jr. said he would soon sign the budget excerpt after his lunch meeting with Cantimbuhan and the board members last Monday, the first session of the New Year.
Once signed by the governor, the excerpt and the budget details will be sent to the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) for scrutiny and approval.
Sanggunian Board Secretary Michelle F. Alcid withheld to media the issuance of a copy of the details of the approved budget pending the signature of Remulla.
The governor earlier called on the department heads and others concerned to spend the budget wisely and record all the expenses for future reference.


Comments
Please login or register to post comments.