KALIBO, AKLAN, Philippines (PIA) — Aklan province held an orderly Philhealth Registration Day II, or Philhealth Sabado at Kalibo Pilot Elementary School last June 25.
The one-day registration turned out to be orderly, particularly since Philhealth had already conducted advance distribution of 3,000 forms through the Department of Education. Primary target of the activity were parents of public school pupils as well as government and other non-government stakeholders.
Philhealth Sabado promotes President Benigno C. Aquino III’s agenda under his Universal Health Care for all Filipinos policy.
One Country One Voice consultation
CEBU (PIA) — The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), Bureau of Customs (BOC), Tariff Commission (TC) and private sector partners will hold the “ONE COUNTRY, ONE VOICE (OCOV) Trade Policy Consultation Program Towards Greater Public Engagement” and “Doing Business in Free Trade Areas (DBFTA) Part II – A Sectoral Approach” on June 29 at the Cebu Parklane International Hotel.
The program, spearheaded by the DTI-International Trade Group, is aimed at establishing an efficient and effective consultative mechanism for enhancing and sustaining public engagement in trade policy formulation and negotiations.
DENR chief leads NGP launch
CEBU CITY, (PIA) — Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) Secretary Ramon J.P. Paje led the launching of the National Greening Program (NGP) last June 25 in Talisay City, Cebu’s Brgy. Jaclupan.
President Aquino issued EO 26 in Feb. 2011 establishing the NGP to reforest 1.5 million hectares of land and promote a sustained environmental awareness campaign in the face of the deleterious effects of climate change.
Last Saturday’s ceremony started 8 A.M. with the signing of a regional NGP Memorandum of Agreement by DENR-7, Department of Agriculture 7, Department of Agrarian Reform 7 and 25 other government agencies and partners.
Ormoc to build own hospital
ORMOC CITY, Leyte — Ormoc City Mayor Eric Codilla has announced that the city intends to build its own hospital after negotiations for the transfer of management of Ormoc District Hospital (ODH) from Leyte province to Ormoc City failed to prosper.
Leyte province and Ormoc City have been negotiating the hospital’s transfer to Ormoc City but talks failed after the province said it would take at least two years before it could effect said transfer. Provincial officials also cited the expense – some P40 million to give ODH employees opting to retire – before it could transfer the hospital to Ormoc City. (Restituto A. Cayubit)
Tacloban cops on full alert
TACLOBAN CITY, Leyte — Tacloban City Police Sr. Supt. Wilson Caubat informed local media the Tacloban City Police Office (TCPO) has been on full alert status since June 20 and will remain so until June 30, when the city marks its fiesta.
He said city police, traffic personnel, augmentation troops from the Regional Public Safety Battalion, as well as barangay tanods will be deployed through the city during the festivities to ensure peace and order. (Restituto A. Cayubit).