ILOILO CITY, Philippines (PNA) — Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Secretary Rogelio Singson and French Ambassador to the Philippines Thierry Borja de Mozota led the official opening to the public of the much-awaited flyover for Bacolod City. The P365.4-million Lacson-Circumferential flyover was constructed with assistance from the French government.
The permanent modular steel flyover is composed of five spans with a total length of 195 lineal meters. The new project is expected to increase the road capacity in the area, thus mitigating traffic congestion in Bacolod City, especially during harvest season when truckloads of sugarcane products pass through the junction, according to DPWH Regional Director Evelyn T. Barroso.
Medicines procurement
ILOILO CITY (PNA) — The Iloilo Provincial Government’s Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) has decided to procure medicines by way of consignment to hasten the procurement process for district hospitals in the province. This is to address the delay on the procurement of medicines, said Iloilo Gov. Arthur Defensor Sr. who denied the allegation that provincial district hospitals are running out of medicines.
Last month, Defensor said he already allowed hospital chiefs to realign their available budget for the procurement of their medicines. Defensor also said he will submit a supplemental budget for the procurement of additional medicines for this year as the budget last year was already used up.
Quarry stopped
CEBU CITY (PNA) — The Cebu City Government has issued cease-and-desist orders (CDOs) against four companies for engaging in “site development” projects that the Cebu City Mining and Regulatory Board (CMRB) believed are quarry operations.
Among those affected was the site development in Barangay Kalunasan by the firm owned by barangay chairman Nunilon Monares. Rene Mercado, representative of Cebu City Mayor Michael Rama in the CMRB, said the Monares project in Kalunasan was more than just a site development.
Cebu budget
CEBU CITY (PNA) — The General Services Office (GSO) of the Cebu City Government is requesting for an additional P107 million to be included in the next supplemental budget. GSO Chief Rolando Ardosa said P73 million of the amount will be allotted for electricity and the remaining P34 million in for fuel consumption.
Ardosa said the city has a budget of P90 million for electricity and P100 million for fuel under the 2011 annual budget. But because of the increases in electricity rates and fuel prices, they need to ask for additional funds, Ardosa said.
Iloilo project
ILOILO CITY (PNA) — A series of consultations relative to the acquisition of the environmental compliance certificate (ECC) for the Phase II of the Jalaur River Multi-Purpose Project (JRMP II) in Iloilo province kicked off Thursday.
Stakeholders gathered to discuss issues that may possibly arise as all eyes are currently directed on the P19-billion project that is expected to boost the development of 22 municipalities and one component city of Iloilo.