Top 10 apps of 2013
Apps make the world of the mobile smart devices go around. It is basically one of the reasons why we just can’t get enough of our smartphone or tablet – without apps, we might as well go back to the Jurassic age of boring feature phones where the only novelty you can find is the game “Snake”. Undoubtedly, at this day and age, with so many developers releasing countless apps, it is easy to get lost in the crowd. So we’ve checked out some of the best apps of 2013 that you may have missed and would still want to check out.
1. Candy Crush Saga - It was the highest grossing app on both Android and iOS in 2013. It is a typical fancy and fun twists “match-three” mobile game very much similar to the legendary Tetris and Bejewelled. Truly a game of strategy that require throughtful moves, Candy Crush Saga is extremely popular on Facebook.
2. Snapchat - A popular “self-destructing” photo-sharing app that features smart filters, front facing flash and other exciting services. You just need to snap a photo or a video then simply add a caption then send it to a friend. Each snaps lives for 24 hours until it disappears.
3. Temple Run 2 - It is the much-awaited sequel from Imangi Studios and of one of the most successful independent games apps on smartphones. With over 170 million downloads, Temple Run 2, actually ascended to the top of App stores and Play stores across various platforms.
4. 4 Pics 1 Word - It is a simple yet highly addictive Android game, which became a number one hit with over 100,000,000 word enthusiasts worldwide. The game gives you endless fun with exciting and tricky puzzles to work on. Simply guess the word and unlock the levels as you go along.
5. You Tube - This App was one of the original integrations created by HotSuite. It underwent major alteration earlier this year and now comprises a lot of exciting features. Aside from uploading, viewing, and sharing videos to social networks, you can also have multiple YouTube account support and in-dash video editing. You can also personalize recommendations with the YouTube Analytics app to keep track of your video success.
6. Instagram - It is the most-installed mobile photo sharing app. Instagram or more commonly known as “IG” recently incorporated its 15-seconds video-sharing service, one of its main features. What makes IG different is that users can apply digital filters on their pictures and upload them on various Social Networking platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr or Flickr. It has become popular by its hashtags “Throwback Thursday” and “Flashback Friday.”
7. Facebook - the most downloadable social networking app on both the App Store and Play Store. Aside from its label as the most downloadable app, it is also the most visited social networking site with more than 900 million users. Today, this is the easiest way to connect and share moments with family and friends online. By merely signing up, you can easily find and connect to family and friends from either here or abroad.
8. Google Maps - One of the most installed apps of the year 2013 simply because it made navigation faster and easier. It comes with comprehensive and accurate maps of over 200 countries. It now has a voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking.
9. Skype for iPhone - It is the most widely used messaging and calling app. With Skype on your Apple device, you can make instant messages and receive calls effortlessly to anyone else using Skype wherever they are.
10. Despicable Me:Minion Rush - who doesn’t love minions? If you do, chances are you already have this app. It is highly addicting because you’ll be given a chance to play as Dr. Gru’s Minion. It is hilariously entertaining with fast-paced challenges. All you need to do is collect bananas, be mischievous and defeat villains to earn the title “Minion of the Year”.